top of page

Second Straight Defeat For Marketmen

A second straight defeat for Needham Market who endured a long trip to Bromsgrove Sporting in a 2-0 loss on Tuesday night. 

The home side broke the deadlock after 54 seconds, Garnham's kick was intercepted by Tee who curled his shot home into the top corner from the edge of the box. 

Bromsgrove quickly added a second goal in the eleventh minute as Taylor towered highest to head home a right wing corner from close range.

Three minutes later, the home side forced a great save out off Marcus Garnham, a left wing cross found Pais in space at the near post but his header was brilliantly beaten away by the Needham shot-stopper down at his bottom corner.

At the other end, Needham had a great chance on 16 minutes, Jake Dye's right wing cross found Keiran Morphew whose header towards the far post was comfortably gathered by the goalkeeper, while Morphew headed a right wing free-kick over the corssbar three minutes later. 

The Marketmen then saw a header at goal following a long range free-kick well held by the goalkeeper on his line on 25 minutes, before Christian Frimpong's low 30-yard shot was well saved by the keeper after 39 minutes. 

A minute later, the home side saw a ferocious low strike across goal, from the right-hand edge of box, beaten away well by the 'keeper. 

Kyle Hammond meanwhile drove into space only to blast his strike over the bar from 30-yards out on 43 minutes, while the best chance of the night for the Marketmen saw Patrick Brothers denied by the goalkeeper in the first minute of first half stoppage time, the midfielder's audaciously curled free-kick, on the right-hand edge of the box, though was beaten over well by the keeper across to his top near corner. 

The Marketmen had the better chances after the restart, but couldn't quite make them count. Luke Brown threaded Ross Crane through down the left wing, the winger jinked inside onto the box though the resulting rebound across the box was scrambled clear by the Bromsgrove defence on 48 minutes. 

At the other end, the home side spun well into space down the left-hand side of the box a minute later but fired their shot just over the bar, while Keiran Morphew again went close to pulling a goal back on 61 minutes. A left wing corner found the Needham skipper in space at the far post who glanced his header just wide of the bottom far corner. 

After a fierce Needham shot was well blocked three minutes later, Ross Crane saw his shot on the rebound go over the bar as Needham looked for a goal back. 

Dylan Williams though also came close to getting a goal back for the Suffolk side on 82 minutes, his ferocious low shot however was vitally deflected behind the near post for a corner by Dyer. 

Horlock's side travel to Ilkeston Town on Saturday. 


bottom of page