top of page


Needham Market fall to only their fourth defeat of the campaign after a 3-0 defeat at Bromsgrove Sporting.

Kyle Hammond returned from suspension, starting in place of Adam Mills for Kevin Horlock's side.

In truth it was a day to forget for the league leaders, while the home side started the brighter as a right wing cross found a man free at the far post whose tight angled header at the bottom near corner was comfortably gathered by Marcus Garnham in the twelfth minute.

Needham though then had spell of possession with Jacob Lay weaving into space to shoot but saw his shot blocked two minutes later, while Kyle Hammond picked out Tommy Smith with a free-kick out onto the left wing, the full-back's audacious cross, across the face of goal, however flashed by with nobody around to provide the final touch on 15 minutes.

Rowe then saw a shot blocked for Sporting six minutes later, before the Rouslers saw a shot from the edge of the box held onto by Garnham diving to his right-hand side.

The hosts then won possession back inside the Needham box, though Nathan Billssett's shot from the cutback went wide of the top near, right-hand corner from close range on 32 minutes.

Two minutes later, the hosts then fired a low fierce shot, from the left-hand edge of the box just wide of the bottom far corner, while the Marketmen went close on 37 minutes.

Jacob Lay threaded Seth Chambers through smartly, into space, on the left-hand side of the box, the striker then cut inside before firing a powerful close range strike on target but for Richards-Everton to make a brave block.

The home side though broke the deadlock in the 43rd minute, a right wing corner ledcto a scramble as Aaron Roberts scores from close range.

An excellent save from Marcus Garnham thwarted the hosts from doubling their lead a minute later, Billy Shaw tried his luck curling an audacious shot from the right-hand edge of the box, dipping into the top far corner, matched by the goalkeeper who flew up to tip it over for a corner, which the Needham stopper - on his 203rd Needham appearance was on hand to save for another corner.

The resulting corner then saw a header blocked behind off the line in the first minute of two added minutes. The hosts then doubled their lead in the fourth minute of the two indicated as a free-kick by the right wing corner flag dipped into the top far corner by Howell.

The Marketmen looked to get a foothold back into the game in the second half, creating chances but couldn't get back into the game.

Luke Ingram found Chambers in the centre but his shot was blocked on 49 minutes, while Tevan Alken saw a dangerously swung left wing corner punched away by the keeper on his line two minutes later.

Needham then went close on the hour mark, Tommy Smith beat his man smartly before running onto the byline where his cutback found Jamie McGrath whose low shot was deflected wide of the bottom far corner.

Dylan Williams then scizzor kicked a volley, from the edge of the box, over the bar on 68 minutes, before Luke Ingram's lopped header went just onto the roof of the net after free run to the near post from Allen's, 76th minute, left wing corner.

Adam Mills then picked out Jamie McGrath with a good cross, but the forward's volley on the turn went just wide of the bottom right-hand corner on 82 minutes.

The day went from bad to worse when Bromsgrove were awarded a penalty three minutes later, after Keiran Morphew was adjudged to have brought down his man.

Luke Rowe stepped up, duly dispatching from the spot into the bottom left-hand corner after 86 minutes.

McGrath was then threaded clear on goal, but the forward's shot was swatted over by the keeper a minute later, while Fraser saw a right angled effort saved on 90+2 minutes.

The hosts had the last chance of the afternoon as Garnham thwarted the hosts in the 97th minute.

Needham travel to Hitchin Town on Good Friday.


bottom of page