top of page


Needham Market conclude their title winning Southern League Central Premier Division campaign with a 3-0 defeat at Redditch United.

Kevin Horlock's side were without Dylan Williams, Jacob Lay, Jamie McGrath and Seth Chambers, with Byron Lawrence, Ollie Fraser and Hugh Cullum all starting. Patrick Brothers and Eddie Barker were on the bench.

The Marketmen, who enjoyed long spells of possession, went close in the 3rd minute, Byron Lawrence fed Luke Ingram into space onto the left-hand side of the box, who in turn teed up Adam Mills to shoot first time from close range, but saw his shot go just wide of the bottom far corner.

Despite Needham keeping possession for large spells of the game, Redditch took the lead in the 10th minute, Aram Soleman was found free inside the box to fire home from point blank range.

Hugh Cullum though won possession well on the halfway line before driving into space to shoot from 25-yards out, although his shot was comfortably held by the keeper on 28 minutes.

Kyle Hammond meanwhile fired a fierce shot at goal, from the left-hand edge of the box, into the keeper's chest at his near post three minutes later, before Redditch doubled their lead on 34 minutes.

The home side, who sealed a playoff place with their victory, Reece Flanagan had space to curl a great strike into the bottom far, left-hand, corner.

Byron Lawrence then fired a ferocious shot narrowly over from just outside the box on 45 minutes, before Marcus Garnham stood firm at his near, right-hand, post to smother away a shot from a yard out on the byline on 66 minutes.

Lawrence and Dan Morphew were withdrawn for Brothers and Barker soon after, in a fairly uneventful second half.

Needham continued to enjoy long spells of possession, though Garnham was in hand to dive down smartly and beat away a 79th minute shot away at his same near post from a similar angle.

Redditch added a third goal two minutes later, through Bradley Burton, who fired home into the bottom corner.

Ollie Fraser then broke into the home penalty area on 88 minutes, but saw his appeals for a penalty dismissed by the referee.

Needham now switch focus firmly on preparing for promotion to step 2.


bottom of page