top of page


Needham Market hit 7 past a rotated Stowmarket Town team to progress to the Endeavour Automotive Suffolk Premier Cup Semi-Finals in style, courtesy of 5 goals and an assist, from Man Of The Match Seth Chambers.

Byron Lawrence, Tevan Allen and Seth Chambers started in 3 changes from Saturday's 1-1 league draw at Mickleover, with Tommy Smith injured, Callum Page starting on the bench and Jacob Lay out due to illness.

Stow though had the first chance after 4 minutes, the number10 found space from distance to fire a low shot towards goal that swerved wide of the bottom right-hand corner.

Needham though broke the deadlock 3 minutes later, after a peach of a long ball over the top from Byron Lawrence, towards Tevan Allen, was put behind for a left wing corner Allen swung in the aforementioned set-piece smartly to the far post where Seth Chambers peeled away with his back to goal before overhead kicking a great looping finish into the roof of the net, 1-0 Needham.

It was almost 2-0 on 10 minutes, another corner - this time taken by Reece Harris on the right wing - was swung exquisitely into the danger area, finding Keiran Morphew a yard from goal whose header crashed back into play off the underside of the crossbar.

Byron Lawrence, featuring in his first home game for the senior team following his injury, then took aim at goal from 35-yards out, but smashed his ferocious strike just wide of the right-hand post.

While Stow flashed a 30-yard shot narrowly wide of the bottom left-hand, far, corner on 27 minutes, Needham had another great chance 6 minutes later.

Reece Harris' great left wing cross from distance picked out Luke Ingram whose header was glanced wide of the far post.

Needham though doubled their lead smartly on 38 minutes, in a role reversal of the first goal Seth Chambers was threaded through round the defence, into space by a dangerous low through-ball on the left-hand side of the box, before cutting the ball back to an unmarked Tevan Allen to take touch and neatly wrap home an audacious round the keeper into the bottom right-hand corner, 2-0 Needham.

Jamie McGrath then latched onto a great left wing cross, but the forward - who leapt highest - could only direct his header low and straight at the goalkeeper on 39 minutes.

Byron Lawrence then threaded Tevan Allen into acres of space on the left-hand side of the box, albeit the latter's low fierce shot was well held just by the keeper with McGrath lurking.

At the other end, Marcus Garnham was forced into action on 42 minutes, diving down smartly low to his left-hand side to help Bennett's low curling strike from distance wide of his post after 42 minutes.

The Marketmen meanwhile were awarded a penalty three minutes later, after a right wing cross from Jake Dye found Seth Chambers whose close range strike was blocked by a hand, albeit Luke Ingram's spot-kick was well saved by the Stow goalkeeper, down smartly to his right hand side to beat it away. However, it was a short lived reprieve for the visitors with the ball whipped straight back into the box from the left wing, finding Seth Chambers who hooked his second of the night, and seventh of the campaign (five in the competition) over the keeper and into the bottom right-hand corner, 3-0 Needham just prior to the break.

After the restart, Stow saw a right-hand shot towards the far post deflected just over for a corner three minutes after the restart, while a right wing cross saw Needham substitute Ollie Fraser leap highest only to glance his header just wide of the bottom far corner in the 52nd minute.

Fellow substitute Callum Page then curled a free-kick from just outside the box just over five minutes later, before a strong save from the visiting keeper thwarted Luke Ingram on 58 minutes.

The forward broke onto a great long ball over the top on the right-hand side of the box, one on one with the onrushing keeper who stucks out a right boot to importantly block.

Hugh Cullum then fired well over on the hour mark, before a brilliant flying save denied Seth Chambers four minutes later. The forward exploited space to fire a ferocious strike, from just outside the box, towards goal - dipping under the crossbar - forcing De Lara Bell to launch up and tip it over well.

But Chambers wasn't to be denied his hat-trick on 65 minutes, Tevan Allen, who himself bagged a goal and 3 assists, whipped in a brilliant left wing free-kick across to the far post, picking out Seth Chambers from point blank range to head home into the top right-hand corner, 4-0 Needham.

Nine minutes later, Chambers added a fourth his tally for the night, and Needham's fifth, rising like a salmon from close range to head home Callum Page's audacious left wing cross, after being slid through by Jake Dye, into the roof of the net, 5-0 Needham.

Sixty seconds later, and Chambers was celebrating his fifth, Tevan Allen again with the delivery - this time wrapping a brilliant low right wing cross round for Seth Chambers to simply tap home unmarked from point blamk range, 6-0.

It was almost seven for Needham on 78 minutes, but Page's audaciously wrapped right wing low cross was shot over from 8 yards out by the arriving Ollie Fraser.

Fraser though would get his goal, his second senior goal, 5 minutes later, rounding off the scoring by looping home Jamie McGrath's excellent left wing cross to the far post into the top far corner from a yard out, 7-0.

Needham advance into the semi-finals against a young Stowmarket Town side in style, with the draw to be made later in the week. Needham return to league action on Saturday 25th November at home to Bromsgrove Sporting (3pm).


bottom of page