top of page


Needham Market extend their unbeaten run to seven matches with a 1-1 draw at Stourbridge.

Kevin Horlock's side made one change for the 3+ hour journey up to the War Memorial Stadium, Dylan Williams - who was unable to get to the ground - making way for Seth Chambers. Adam Mills though returned on the bench with Ollie Fraser making up the bench.

The Marketmen started brightly, Tevan Allen fed Tommy Smith through on the left wing overlap, whose sumptuous first time cross saw Luke Ingram's volley fall to Jamie McGrath who couldn't quite get the ball under control after just 45 seconds.

All the chances arrived in the first half, albeit none on target other than the goals, while the second half was a rather dull affair.

Another great left wing cross from Tommy Smith this time curled just wide of the far post on 13 minutes, before the Glassboys struck with their first real attack a minute later.

A right wing low cross-shot across the face of goal was palmed away by Garnham on his line as far as Ethan Freemantle, on-loan from Kidderminster Harriers, to tap home from point blank range.

Needham then had a half chance on 15 minutes as Luke Ingram shot narrowly over from just outside the box, after a good pass from Jamie McGrath.

The Marketmen, sporting their yellow away strip, went close on 28 minutes as Tevan Allen's audacious right wing free-kick was curled towards goal, almost finding Seth Chambers arriving from a yard out, as keeper Price held onto the cross.

Jamie McGrath was then booked for a foul on the half-hour mark, before the away side struck the resulting free-kick just wide off the post a minute later.

The league leaders responded though with a great equalising goal in the 34th minute, Kyle Hammond threaded Jamie McGrath through into space down the right wing who held the ball up superbly to tee up Luke Ingram, the latter's pinpoint first time cross looped under the crossbar on a plate for Seth Chambers to nod home from a yard out, netting his ninth league goal and 19th in all competitions.

Another pinpoint Smith left wing cross found Seth Chambers unmarked in the centre, but the forward glanced his header agonisingly just wide of the bottom right-hand corner on 43 minutes, while Stourbridge shot comfortably wide in the sole minute of first half stoppage time.

The second half saw very little action of major note occur with Ethan Freemantle looping a header narrowly over ten minutes after the restart, while Chambers drove into space but fires his low shot wide on 61 minutes.

Niall Flint was then cautioned for the hosts for holding back Kyle Hammond seven minutes later, while the best chance of the night went begging for the visitors in the 3rd of added time.

Substitute Adam Mills whipped in a peach of a cross on the right wing which just evaded 3 yellow shorts running in from point blank range.

Needham travel to Long Eaton United on Saturday (3pm).


bottom of page