Club app icon

Pitchero Club



1st Team - Match centre

Needham Market
Lowestoft Town
T Issa (93')
Full time
Tue 16 Oct 19:45 - The Evo-Stik South - Premier Division Central Attendance 360

Injury time goal seals derby win!!


Marketmen battle it out to see off local rivals

360 flocked to Bloomfield's on a Tuesday night for this Suffolk derby all hoping to see their respective team get one up on their rivals. The Marketmen line up saw Joseph Marsden start at 10, with Jeremiah Kamanzi dropping to the bench. Joining him there was Tariq Issa back from suspension.

It was a bright start for the home side in the opening few minutes. Jake Dye ventured forward and put in a decent cross, but the flag was raised for an offside. Callum Sturgess then had a chance with a free kick 20+ yards out, unfortunately his attempt went straight into the arms of the keeper. Another decent cross from Luke Ingram had to be smartly cleared by the Lowestoft defence.

The visitors also managed to get forward in the early stages with a run by their number 10, who found a teammate with a chance to shoot, but it was not on target. Also a slight defensive error by the Marketmen defence nearly allowed the visitor's in, but they recovered well and cleared the danger.

Shortly afterwards Jake Dye went forward again, taking the ball on and playing a nice ball out wide to Callum Sturgess, he in turn sent in a cross which just eluded a finishing touch.

The first yellow card of the evening came when Daniel Morphew was upended by the visitor's number 11. It was followed not long afterwards by another one for Lowestoft when the 4 was cautioned for a late challenge on Joseph Marsden.

In between the 2 bookings Lowestoft had attacked down the right and good play saw them deliver a cross into the box, however it did not cause a problem for the Marketmen defence who cleared it. The same can be said for a shot coming from a Lowestoft attack, which was well blocked. The defence were also on their guard when Lowestoft had a dangerous looking free kick, but were able to quickly stand down as it floated over the bar.

The assistant's flag once more halted a Marketmen move, when a great move and an equally good through ball to Reece Dobson, who was adjudged to have strayed offside.

Another good passage of play from the Marketmen was to follow. It was started by Luke Ingram who sought out Reece Dobson, who in turn played it out to Adam Mills, carrying the ball on he found room to put a ball into the path of the running on Luke Ingram, unfortunately his shot was well blocked.

A couple of minutes late it was the turn of Lowestoft to attack with their number 3 getting space to fire off a shot which went over the bar and then a minute or so later a good break saw them just failing to get through the marketmen defence.

The Marketmen came back and floated in a good free kick which was cleared for a corner, which saw a Luke Ingram header cleared from the danger area.

Luke Ingram was involved again moments later, taking the ball forward he was checked by a defender given the Marketmen a chance from 25 yards out. Gareth Heath stepped over the free kick leaving it for Callum Sturgess to curl the ball in, the keeper was equal to it and made a good save pushing it out. The ball was played back in but a header went wide.

Lowestoft the had a couple of shots on goal themselves; the first one was again blocked well by the Marketmen defence, the second one resulted in a good shot rattling the bar with the keeper beaten. The ball came back into play and lowestoft managed to get another shot off, but it missed the target.

In the final minutes of the half The Marketmen had a chance to break and played in Reece Dobson, he took aim but this time his shot went over the bar. Another break saw Jake Dye get forward and send Reece Dobson on, who on this occasion saw his cross well cleared before it could reach its target.

As the half time whistle loomed Lowestoft pressed forward sending the ball out wide, the attacker managed to cross with the final shot going wide, thus finishing the half honours even.

Half Time: Needham Market 0 vs Lowestoft 0

The second half, like the first started well for the Marketmen, with Luke Ingram combining well with Jake Dye, whose cross resulted in a corner. This was sent over by Callum Sturgess and found Adam Mills who unfortunately put his effort wide. The same player was unlucky moments later when another cross caused a bit of a scramble in the area. The ball fell to Adam Mills but his shot was cleared as it went goalwards.

Lowestoft, in turn did have a chance to break but the final through ball was to heavy and Jake Jessup gathered it up.

The next passages of play saw the Marketmen look for the opportunities to break through. A good cross field ball from Kieran Morphew found Adam Mills out on the left, controlling the ball he sent Callum Sturgess on, a good cross followed and the Lowestoft had to give away a corner. This was soon followed by a move which saw Reece Dobson feed Joseph Marsden out on the right, he whipped it in to the danger area and Adam Mills was inches away from applying the finishing touch.

A couple of minutes later it was Adam Mills who had another chance, when he nicked the ball of the defence and ran through on goal, he took aim and shot sending it passed the keeper, but alas it also went just passed the post.

Around the hour mark Tariq Issa was introduced with Reece Dobson making way for him.

Lowestoft at this stage were occasionally starting to get forward and had three decent efforts in a short space of time. Firstly a free kick that was only half cleared was played back in and had to be dealt with smartly by the Marketmen defence at the expense of a corner. Then they had a move that ended with Jake Jessup being called upon to make a regulation save. The third effort came from a break from midfield and playing in their number 11 on the right hand side of the box, cutting inside he sent his shot wide of the target.

In between these Lowestoft efforts the Marketmen broke smartly with Tariq Issa bringing the ball on and playing in Adam Mills. Beating his man he fired in a shot which forced the keeper into a decent save.

There was more to come from the Marketmen playing the ball well they firstly forced a corner which was played short, Callum Sturgess whipped it in and found the head of Joseph Marsden, but it went the wrong side of the post. A few moments later Gareth Heath played a lovely ball into Luke Ingram, whose good effort was blocked before it could hit the target. Then Tariq Issa tried to fashion a chance from a good ball into him but couldn't quite find the right shot and his effort was gathered up by the keeper.

Not long afterwards the Marketmen thought they could of had a shout for a penalty as Joseph Marsden entered the box and went down, the man in the middle said 'no' and play went on with a couple of disgruntled players.

A the game entered its final 10 the Marketmen continued to press on and some good play by Callum Sturgess to find space to send in another decent cross which found Joseph Marsden, who tried to place it passed the keeper but he read it and saved well.

Lowestoft, who were by no means out of this, produced a couple chances late on, a free kick forced a good save from Jake Jessup, quickly followed by a good move that saw a through ball find the number 11, luckily for the Marketmen his shot was blocked and cleared.

The Marketmen countered with a great break, the ball found Adam Mills on halfway, he sent a ball through to Joseph Marsden who thought he was in the clear, the flag went up and the whistle halted proceedings. Joseph clearly didn't agree and the referee made a note to something of that effect in his book.

Joseph Marsden soon regained his composure and took the ball forward once more and this time was rewarded with a free kick. Although the free kick was cleared the ball fell to Samuel Squire who lashed a shot wide.

With time running out the Marketmen continued to press, a throw in on the left saw a quick exchange between two players that left time for Callum Sturgess to put in a cross, which Luke Ingram got his head to but sent it over the top.

The additional time board had been shown and the game was edging towards its climax, the Marketmen had possession and played it out to the right wing, where Joseph Marsden picked it up, weighing up his options he delivered the ball across the 6 yard box, where it found the head of Tariq Issa with time and space. He nodded into the ground and with the pace of the ball the bounce took it over the keeper and into the roof of the net to the delight of the home crowd. 1-0 NMFC.

With no time to fight back the spoils from this derby went to the Marketmen.

For the second time in four days, another great battling performance, another late winner, another 3 points, I'm sure it does certainly bring on the feel good factor for players, management and supporters alike after a few weeks of slight disappointment. A long way to go, of course, but winning these games and seeing the effort in the performances makes a difference and if we all continue to get behind the club, I'm sure we will continue to see NMFC progress.

Full Time: Needham Market 1 vs Lowestoft 0

Highlights by Amy Gilson

Key moments

45:00 +48:00
Goal Tariq Issa scores for Needham Market


View 0 new events
60:00 Sub On
Tariq Issa is substituted on for Needham Market
60:00 Sub Off
Reece Dobson is substituted off for Needham Market
End of period 1
45:00 +48:00 Goal 1 - 0
Tariq Issa scores for Needham Market
Start of the game
Replay game

As it happened

  • Needham Market
  • Lowestoft Town
  • 0
  • Tariq Issa Goal 45:00 +48:00'
  • Tariq Issa Sub On 60:00'
  • Reece Dobson Sub Off 60:00'

Team selection

League round up

Other Premier Division Central results

King's Lynn Town
Rushall Olympic
Royston Town
St Neots Town
St Ives Town
Kettering Town


Loading comments

Team sponsors


Club sponsors