Club app icon

Pitchero Club



1st Team - Match centre

Coalville Town
Needham Market
Full time
R Dobson (14'), J Marsden (88')
Sat 13 Oct 15:00 - The Evo-Stik South - Premier Division Central

Late winner seals Marketmen victory!!!


A good battling performance gives first league win since August

A breezy mild afternoon welcomed the Marketmen to Coalville for this Evo-Stik Premier central game. The Marketmen starting line up indicated that the management were going to try something different. Jeremiah Kamanzi took the number 10 shirt and Samuel Squire stepped into the defensive midfield role at number 4. Joseph Marsden started on the bench along with Conor McLaughlin, Noah Collard and Evan Collard.

The early exchanges saw both teams struggle to maintain possession as they come to terms with the conditions. Although both sides did have snippets of a chance. For the Marketmen Gareth Heath linked up with Adam Mills, but the later could not find that telling cross and it was the same for Coalville as a cross could not find its target.

Approaching the quarter of an hour mark Coalville attached hoping to find some space to create something, this was quickly snuffed out by the Marketmen defence and the ball came to Gareth Heath who had the chance to break forward. He took the ball on and played a lovely ball through to Reece Dobson, who had timed his run perfectly and was passed his man and bearing down on goal. He kept his composure and when just inside the box he slid the ball beyond the keeper into the back the net. 1-0 NMFC.

Not long afterwards the goalscorer Reece Dobson had another chance at goal, but this time his shot, from a good build up, was blocked.

Coalville had a couple of chances as they looked to strike back. The first saw a header gathered in by Jake Jessup from a decent cross. The second chance was very similar, a decent cross, a header but this time it sailed over the bar.

The Marketmen also continued to probe forward and following a half cleared corner the ball was played in to the danger zone but just eluded Adam Mills.

Coalville began to press more as the half progressed and again after a good build up they had a shot that just went wide.

Moments later the home side thought they had claims for a penalty when one of their players went down in the box, but all they got was a corner, which was half cleared, ending up at the feet of their number 3, who put his shot wide.

Following this Coalville had another great opportunity when a through ball found its way into the path of the number 10. He tried to put it beyond the keeper, but Jake Jessup was equal to it and saved well.

The Marketmen had a chance to try and get something just before the break with a free kick just inside the home sides half. Unfortunately the delivery could not find its intended recipient.

The half was brought to an end after Kieran Morphew cleared a Coalville corner.

Half Time: Coalville Town 0 vs Needham Market 1

In the early stages of the second half Coalville gained the slight ascendancy and started to pass the ball about well. Jake Jessup was called upon early after the restart to smother a shot following a Coalville break.

A couple of minutes later a Coalville move produced a shot that required good defending from Callum Sturgess to prevent any danger.

This was shortly followed by a link up play between their number 11 and number 6 which required the services of Jake Jessup to keep the Marketmens goal intact.

With just over ten minutes gone in the second half Coalville put a ball out wide, their winger played the ball in to the number 10, who cut inside and fired a low shot which managed to find its way over the line. 1-1.

Once they equalised Coalville had a couple of decent chances that could have seen them taking the lead. The first one was created through a quick break that gave the number 10 the chance to run through on goal, but not for the first time in the match Jake Jessup was on his guard and saved well. The second one came via a good move with a decent cross into the box, finding an unmarked Coalville player 6 yards out. He got his head to it and somehow managed to put it wide!

The Marketmen began to fight back and get more in to it. A good break saw Reece Dobson take the ball on and play in Adam Mills, but his shot was well saved as the keeper put it behind for a corner. Reece Dobson also had a good chance to break forward a couple of minutes later, as he took the ball on to try a fashion a chance, but the Coalville defence dealt with it at the expense of a corner.

Moments later Coalville broke once more, putting together a good passing move but, before they could turn it into goal scoring opportunity, Daniel Morphew shielded the ball away and cleared the danger.

The next chance came the Marketmens way when and over hit Gareth Heath cross was retrieved and played back in, it was only half cleared allowing Gareth Heath to put in a second cross, which found Adam Mills. His final shot unfortunately went the wrong side of the post.

The Marketmen enjoyed another good passage of play and after some good passes the arrived at the feet of Reece Dobson. He cut inside found space and unleashed a good shot, disappointment ensued as it crashed back off the right hand post, so close.

Shortly afterwards Jeremiah Kamanzi's shift came to an end and was replaced by Joseph Marsden.

Coalville also made a change at this stage with 12 coming on for 9 and he nearly made an immediate impact. He ran on with the ball and his shot had to be blocked by the Marketmen defence.

Moments later a similar move saw another shot by the Coalville attack, this time it was safely gathered by Jake Jessup.

Then it was the turn of the Marketmen to press on to try and get the win. They created a chance when Luke Ingram receiving the ball in the oppositions half and played in Joseph Marsden. He found space and aimed for the bottom corner, but alas his sights were slightly off and the ball went just wide.

Inside the last 5 or so minutes the Marketmen broke forward where Reece Dobson, found himself with a chance to have a shot on goal. He took aim but the Coalville defence recovered in time to block the shot.

With two minutes to go the Marketmen break smartly down the left, the ball is played to Callum Sturgess, could he get a good cross into the box? He did and found Joseph Marsden unmarked in the area. His header was perfectly directed passed the keeper and ball settled nicely in to the back of the net. 2-1 NMFC.

As normal time tick by into added time Coalville forced a corner, it was however cleared by Luke Ingram with the last ditched shot ended going over the bar.

A great victory for the Marketmen, a great battling performance by all, could this be the catalyst to reinvigorate our season to go on and climb the table, and maybe have some success in the cups we are still involved in.

Full Time: Coalville Town 1 vs Needham Market 2

Match Highlights from Coalville Town TV

Key moments

Goal Reece Dobson scores for Needham Market
Goal Joseph Marsden scores for Needham Market


View 0 new events
88:00 Goal 0 - 2
Joseph Marsden scores for Needham Market
77:00 Sub On
Joseph Marsden is substituted on for Needham Market
77:00 Sub Off
Reece Dobson is substituted off for Needham Market
End of period 1
14:00 Goal 0 - 1
Reece Dobson scores for Needham Market
Start of the game
Replay game

As it happened

  • Coalville Town
  • Needham Market
  • 0
  • Reece Dobson Goal 14:00'
  • Joseph Marsden Sub On 77:00'
  • Reece Dobson Sub Off 77:00'
  • Joseph Marsden Goal 88:00'

Team selection

League round up

Other Premier Division Central results

AFC Rushden & Diamonds
St Ives Town
Hitchin Town
King's Lynn Town
Halesowen Town
Rushall Olympic
St Neots Town
Kettering Town
Royston Town


Loading comments

Team sponsors


Club sponsors