Club app icon

Pitchero Club



1ST TEAM - Match centre

Lowestoft Town
Lowestoft Town win 4 - 3 on penalties.
Full time
J Marsden (2')
Tue 13 Nov 19:45 - Cup Attendance 219

No cup joy on the coast this time!!!!


Marketmen concede late equaliser and suffer penalty shoot-out heartache.

The Marketmen travelled to the coast for the second time in four days. This time it was to the Suffolk coast to face Lowestoft in the county’s Premier Cup. Both side had strong squads out for this one. The Marketmen rotated a few players and gave Jake Dye, Tariq Issa and Reece Dobson a place in the starting XI, with Adam Mills, Gareth Heath and Luke Ingram a turn on the bench. In addition, the subs bench included Jamie Griffiths returning from injury.

The Marketmen started brightly going straight on the front foot, pressing forward they caused early problems for the home defence and with only a couple of minutes gone on the clock they made an unforced error giving the ball away to Joe Marsden 18 yards out, he looked up at goal and slotted the ball passed the keeper and into the bottom corner. 1-0 NMFC.

The Marketmen continued to press on and created a few half chances that included a decent shot from Samuel Squire which the Lowestoft defence managed to block.

Lowestoft created their first chance from a free kick on the edge of the box, a direct shot called Jake Jessup into the action who smartly saved it. This was quickly followed by another Lowestoft move that led to a shot, this time it went over the bar.

The Marketmen came back with a quick break, the final ball was played through to James Baker, but alas he had strayed offside.

Moments later Lowestoft broke themselves and a good through ball gave saw them bearing down on goal. The Marketmen defence were alert and the danger was dealt with in the nick of time by a good tackle from Daniel Morphew.

The Marketmen tried to regain the initiative and two good overlaps by Jake Dye which produced two decent crosses that were well dealt with by the Lowestoft defenders.

Soon afterwards it was the turn of the Marketmen defence to deal with Lowestoft attacks blocking and clearing with attempts on their goal. One such clearance lead to a break, which with a good advantage played by the referee, allowed Reece Dobson to go on towards goal, when in range he shot producing a good save by the home keeper at the expense of a corner. The resulting corner saw Jeremiah Kamanzi send in a good inswinger which needed the keeper to tip it over the bar for another corner.

The Marketmen then had a free kick producing a good flowing move involving Callum Sturgess and Joseph Marsden with the former sending in a good cross which was put behind for corner.

Lowestoft responded with a good move down the right, a good pull back for the home attack to fire in a fierce shot that Jake Dye managed to block with his head, which I think may have caused him to see some stars afterwards. The home side followed this up with a good free kick swung in and needed a solid punch from Jake Jessup to get it away from the danger zone.

Just before the break the Marketmen put together a couple of smart moves, the first was initiated by Daniel Morphew, whose pass sought out Joseph Marsden, who in term played it out wide to Jake Dye, who sent in a decent cross which had to be put behind. The second one was started by the other centre half Keiran Morphew, whose ball released Tariq Issa to press on, he played it out to Joseph Marsden, whose inviting cross was gathered up by the keeper before anyone could get on the end of it.

The final shot of the half went Lowestoft’s way, but it didn’t worry the scoreboard, sailing hide and wide of the target.

Half Time: Lowestoft Town 0 vs Needham Market 1

Both sides made a change before the restart, for the Marketmen Luke Ingram replaced James Baker.

The Marketmen started the second half in similar fashion to the first, pressing forward looking to build on their lead. Their first move ended with a good cross by the sub Luke Ingram which found Tariq Issa, who resulting shot was blocked with the rebound falling to Reece Dobson, his shot, let’s say was a little bit too high. Tariq Issa was also involved in a move shortly after, but although his final ball found Luke Ingram in a good position, the assistant had raised his flag.

Lowestoft moved the ball up the other end and created a shooting opportunity, but this effort also cleared the bar.

A couple of minutes later the Marketmen attacked down the left with Callum Sturgess, he played a neat one-two with Tariq Issa giving him the chance to deliver a cross into the box. He did just that with Luke Ingram connecting with it. His shot required a very good save from the Lowestoft keeper. Keeping the pressure on the marketmen put together a good move and again the ball found its way to Callum Sturgess. This time his cross couldn’t pick out a teammate and was gathered by the keeper.

Play switched to the other end and it was the turn for Lowestoft to put pressure on the Marketmen’s goal. Their first effort came when the Marketmen only half cleared the ball, allowing a shot to come in, luckily for the Marketmen also went over the top. They continued to probe forcing a couple of corners which were dealt with well by the Marketmen’s defence. When the home side finally managed to get one target it was from long range, which forced Jake Jessup into a good save, pushing it round the post.

Back came the Marketmen as they used the ball well to break. Looking for that all important second goal they won a couple of corners, unfortunately in both cases they didn’t come to anything. However they did get a shooting opportunity from a move that saw Luke Ingram feed Jeremiah Kamanzi, who tried a shot from 18 yards out, alas this also cleared the bar.

The home side seeking the equaliser began to press on again putting together a move resulting in a long range shot only being half cleared with the follow up shot having to be put behind for a corner. Another move produced another chance to shot at goal, like so many others during the game, it went over the top. Sensing they might be in with a chance Lowestoft made changes to build on this. Although they had some corners, during this passage of play, they were unable to breach the Marketman’s defence.

As the game was reaching the end of normal time the Marketmen put together one last chance, playing the ball through the midfield it came to Adam Mills, who come on a few minutes prior replacing Tariq Issa. He found space to shoot and took aim, this was also another case of not able to keep the ball down and it sailed harmlessly over the perimeter fence.

With the injury time board already been shown and one of the three indicated minutes nearly up, Lowestoft won a corner. Desperate to find a goal their keeper came up for it, it ball was sent over and Jake Jessup had to produce a great save pushing it over. The second corner was dealt with firmly by Keiran Morphew’s head as he put it behind for another corner. The third corner came over and Jake Jessup could not quite gather it which allowed the ball to drop to a grateful Lowestoft player to slot home the equaliser. 1-1.

There was only enough time to restart the game as the referee blew for the end of the game. This meant the tie would be settled on penalties.

Full Time: Lowestoft Town 1 vs Needham Market 1

Needham Market: Joseph Marsden – usual outcome – 1-0 NMFC
Lowestoft Town: Scored – 1-1
Needham Market: Daniel Morphew – Scored – 2-1 NMFC
Lowestoft Town: Scored – 2-2
Needham Market: Jeremiah Kamanzi - Scored – 3-2 NMFC
Lowestoft Town: Scored – 3-3
Needham Market: Luke Ingram – Saved - 3-3
Lowestoft Town: Saved – 3-3
Needham Market: Callum Sturgess – Hit the post – 3-3
Lowestoft Town: Scored – 4-3 LTFC

A pretty entertaining cup tie with end-to-end stuff, unfortunately both sides couldn’t take their chances and with one not able to see the game out that allowed the other to take full advantage…That’s football though. We all move on now to Saturday and back to league action hoping for a nice home win.

Penalty Shoot-out: Lowestoft Town 4 vs Needham Market 3

Get the team together and play Fantasy League

Key moments

Goal Joseph Marsden scores for NEEDHAM MARKET FOOTBALL CLUB


View 0 new events
75:00 Sub On
Adam Mills is substituted on for NEEDHAM MARKET FOOTBALL CLUB
75:00 Sub Off
Tariq Issa is substituted off for NEEDHAM MARKET FOOTBALL CLUB
45:00 Sub On
Luke Ingram is substituted on for NEEDHAM MARKET FOOTBALL CLUB
45:00 Sub Off
James Baker is substituted off for NEEDHAM MARKET FOOTBALL CLUB
End of period 1
2:00 Goal 0 - 1
Joseph Marsden scores for NEEDHAM MARKET FOOTBALL CLUB
Start of the game
Replay game

As it happened

  • Lowestoft Town
  • 0
  • Joseph Marsden Goal 2:00'
  • Luke Ingram Sub On 45:00'
  • James Baker Sub Off 45:00'
  • Adam Mills Sub On 75:00'
  • Tariq Issa Sub Off 75:00'

Team selection


Loading comments

Team sponsors


Club sponsors