Club app icon

Pitchero Club



1ST TEAM - Match centre

Kings Langley
Needham Market
Full time
A Mills (81'), J Marsden (87' Pen)
Sat 27 Oct 15:00 - Cup Attendance 122

Marketmen grind out a result to progress in the Trophy!!


Two late goals keeps the club on the Wembley path.

The Marketmen's 2018/19 FA Trophy campaign started on a cold afternoon in the Hertfordshire countryside and not wanting to offend the meaning of the word cold, but I think a few Marketmen fans, including myself, and probably a few home fans expanded on it throughout the game. The Marketmen starting line up saw Joseph Marsden switch to right back with Jake Dye taking a place on the bench. Alongside him on the bench was our new signing James Baker. A forward who will no doubt give Wilkes some much needed options in that area of the field in the weeks and months to come.

The match started cautiously with both sides probing to gain the early advantage. Neither side were able to create a clear cut chance and the real first shot in anger came from the Marketmen when Joseph Marsden overlapping down the right, got the ball just outside the box and fired it in low, but it was unable to find the target as it went wide.

Although the home failed to create a chance early doors, the Marketmen's defence had to be on the guard with the home side using their physical presence to move ball the ball upfield, with the impressive Keiran Morphew and namesake Daniel Morphew mopping up any potential threats.

With the game approaching the quarter of an hour mark the Marketmen won a corner following some good play. The corner was swung in reaching the head of Samuel Squire who couldn't quite get it on target as he sent it the wrong side of the post.

Not sure if this provoked the home side, but they did have a little spell after that in which they did threaten to create a decent goal scoring opportunity. Passing the ball about with more purpose they got their full backs involved, with a slightly overhit cross seeking out the man on the far post sent a warning to the Marketmen. Moments later Keiran Morphew had to be at his best to snub out a potentially dangerous assault on the Marketmen's goal. Even when the home side managed to get a header on target Jake Jessup was there to gather it up.

The Marketmen responded well and a good worked move initiated by Luke Ingram, who brought Tariq Issa into the play, who in turn set up Joseph Marsden with a shooting opportunity, but the latter fired it over the bar. This was shortly followed by some sloppy defending by the home side that nearly allowed Callum Sturgess to put in a telling cross, alas it wasn't able to find it's man.

The home came back with a quick break of their own, coming from down the left and was aided by a slight Marketmen error, allowing them move on and put in a good cross which found his colleague, who fired it towards goal, but Jake Jessup was there to push it wide. The resulting corner also required the services of Jake Jessup to save a header from finding the target.

Minutes later it was again the turn of the Market men to come forward with a good bursting run by Tariq Issa, however the home side defence blocked it before the final ball caused any danger. The same player was involved shortly afterwards when he teamed up with Luke Ingram to provide a nice one-two that resulted in a Tariq Issa effort going just over the bar.

Then it was the turn of the home side once more to attack. They broke up a Marketmen move to burst forward and force Jake Jessup into a good save. With ticking down towards the break the home side went forward again and sent in a decent cross which had to be put behind for a corner, which when taken was initially cleared but the home side regained the ball and had a number of chances to get it back in to the box, but each time the Marketmen defence held their ground clearing the danger, with Jake Jessup having to make a good save when they finally were able to get a shot off.

As the half reached its climax the Marketmen put one more move together with Jeremiah Kamanzi finding Tariq Issa, who set up Reece Dobson, but he couldn't find the right range.

Half Time: Kings Langley 0 vs Needham Market 0

The second half started off in similar fashion to the first, with both sides looking for the early ascendancy. This half it was the home side that had the first decent effort, when their number 9 brought the forward towards the danger area and sought to put a cross to the far post for his team mate to slot in, but luckily for the Marketmen Keiran Morphew was there to get it away before he could do so.

Not long after the Marketmen had a chance of their own, when Callum Sturgess pressed forward and was fouled to gain a free kick in promising position. from which Jeremiah Kamanzi produced a great shot that was tipped round the post for a corner.

A couple of minutes later Tariq Issa stole the ball from the home side and went forward searching for someone to play in, he found Luke Ingram who tried a shot, it was blocked but it found its way to Reece Dobson, who fired in a shot that was cleared for a corner.

The home side had another opportunity moments later when a great through ball set up their number 10 for a shot on goal, he fired it goal bound but Keiran Morphew was there to deflect it behind.

This was closely followed by another break by the home side, after sloppy defending had gifted them the ball. Bursting forward the attack fashioned out a shot that required another Jake Jessup save. They broke again shortly afterwards and again it ended up requiring a save from Jake Jessup. Also, they had a half chance when a speculative shot was deflected shot ended up going for a corner, which when floated in was only half cleared, falling to an attacker who blasted it over the bar.

The Marketman fought back and conjured up a opportunity started by Callum Sturgess, he found Jeremiah Kamanzi, who weighed up his options and played it out wide to Adam Mills. He sent a decent cross in, it was half cleared, but the keeper saved from the follow up shot.

A minute or so later, following a move that saw the home side have another shot on target, which again was dealt with well by Jake Jessup, the Marketmen broke quickly, looking to seal the game Luke Ingram took the ball on and his shot made the home keeper work as he managed to clear it.

With 10 minutes left on the clock the Marketmen came forward with Joseph Marsden. He found Luke Ingram who ran on and found space to put a ball in, which picked out Reece Dobson on the left. He saw a man free on he near post and played the ball across the area, where Adam Mills composed himself and slotted the ball home. 1-0 NMFC.

With the ascendancy the Marketmen looked more threatening and began to control the game, allowing them to pass the ball about with more ease.

With just over 5 minutes remaining on the clock the Marketmen introduced James Baker to proceedings, at the expense of Tariq Issa and it was the debutant who, 3 minutes later, who was involved in a quick Marketmen break. He received the ball just over halfway and took it forward towards the area, seeing Adam Mills free he slid the ball to him in the area. However before he could get a shot in a home defender sensed the danger and put a tackle in. It was mistimed and Adam Mills went down and the referee had no hesitation in pointing to the spot. Despite jovial calls from a section of the crowd about who should take it, the first choice taker Joseph Marsden stepped up. Once more the outcome was as per norm, as the ball nestled in the bottom corner. 2-0 NMFC.

Could the home side find a way back into the tie. The answer was 'no', as the Marketmen game managed the remaining minutes to see out the the game and progress on towards Wembley.

In summary the Marketmen came and got the job done in the end. The club and fans will be happy that we progress, along with pocketing the prize fund to boost the coffers. Hopefully Monday's draw will see us finally get a home draw in any of this season's cup competitions, 0 from 5 so far, must be due a visit from Lady Luck soon.....

Full Time: Kings Langley 0 vs Needham Market 2

Get the team together and play Fantasy League

Key moments

Goal Adam Mills scores for Needham Market
Scored Penalty Joseph Marsden scores a penalty for Needham Market


View 0 new events
87:00 Scored Penalty 0 - 2
Joseph Marsden scores a penalty for Needham Market
84:00 Sub Off
Tariq Issa is substituted off for Needham Market
84:00 Sub On
James Baker is substituted on for Needham Market
81:00 Goal 0 - 1
Adam Mills scores for Needham Market
End of period 1
45:00 +47:00 Sub On
Ethan Abrahams is substituted on for Needham Market
45:00 +47:00 Sub Off
Reece Dobson is substituted off for Needham Market
Start of the game
Replay game

As it happened

  • Kings Langley
  • Needham Market
  • 0
  • Ethan Abrahams Sub On 45:00 +47:00'
  • Reece Dobson Sub Off 45:00 +47:00'
  • Adam Mills Goal 81:00'
  • James Baker Sub On 84:00'
  • Tariq Issa Sub Off 84:00'
  • Joseph Marsden Scored Penalty 87:00'

Team selection


Loading comments

Team sponsors


Club sponsors