Club app icon

Pitchero Club



1ST TEAM - Match centre

Metropolitan Police
L Ingram  (9'), R Dobson (27')
Full time
Tue 25 Sep 19:45 - Cup Attendance 208

Marketmen Crash Out of the FA Cup to Met Police


Goals from Ingram & Dobson not enough for Needham to progress in the cup

Needham Market went out of the FA Cup after Met Police scored in extra time to win 2-3, to book a trip down to Devon to face Tiverton in the next round.

Met Police had the first shot on goal on 2 minutes, Mazzone's wild long range strike going wide off the left post. The visitors then had a freekick, on the right, on 5 minutes but headed wide at the back post.

Needham then took the lead on 9 minutes, as a corner on the left found Ingram at the near post, who headed into the bottom near corner. Ten minutes later, the osts won a free-kick on the left wing, but Mills headed the set-piece wide at the far post. Back came Met Police on 20 minutes, as Chislett's 18-yard strike was tipped over the bar by Jessup. The visitors then won a corner on the left, on 24 minutes, only for Birch's header from the near post, towards the far corner, to be cleared away. The Marketmen then went 2-0 up on 27 minutes, thanks to Dobson rifling a first time volley home at the back post, following a corner on the right, into the bottom right corner.

Just before the half-an hour mark, Issa volleyed wide of Williams' right post from outside the box, as Needham searched for a third goal, but instead conceded a minute later. Chislett's low and well hit effort finding the bottom left corner from outside the box. Needham responded instantly, as Mills found Ingram through on the right inside the box, but the winger panicked as his first time effort went wide off the near post, on 31 minutes. Issa was then fed through on the left inside the box by Ingram, but had a shot blocked, on 32 minutes. Good defending from Needham preserved their two goal lead, as Gilbert's 20-yard strike towards the bottom right corner was put behind, as a defender stuck out a bottom to divert the ball away, on 33 minutes. From the corner, Jessup was forced to have down at his near post, as the visitors rebound effort was deflected wide for another corner. Which came to nothing, but a shot blocked on the right edge of the box, with ten minutes left of the half. Met Police then went close on 38 minutes, as a shot from the edge of the box was curled round 2 defenders, forcing Jessup to dive down to his left to palm behind. The resulting corner, was sent towards goal, as Needham cleared off the line. The visitors cross in from the left was then palmed away by the airborne, up to his left, Jessup, on 43 minutes, with the keeper saving down low seconds later. That wasn't the end of the drama, though, as two minutes into added time, Gilbert's cross from the left went just over the far post. Still wasn't it though, as Issa had a free-kick, on the right edge of the box a minute later. Williams was up the test though, as the skipper palmed the ball away from the top near corner.

HALF TIME: Needham Market 2-1 Metropolitan Police

Seven minutes into the second half, Needham almost restored their 2 goal lead, as a throughball onto the right edge of the box forces the keeper to rush out off his area. The Needham man goes for goal, only for Williams to block with his chest.

Back came Met Police, as Chislett had a shot blocked on the left edge of the box on 55 minutes. Two minutes later, the away side almost equalised, as a shot from the left inside the box crashed back into play off the bar. Ten minutes later though, the two sides were back level, Morphew's sliced clearance allowing Mazzone to go through in the box, who first time slotted the ball into the bottom far corner. The visitors were then denied by Jessup on 71 minutes, as Blackmore's shot was saved by the feet of the diving keeper, at his right post. A minute later, Met Police then fired wide off the right post, before Jessup brought down Blackmore on a 1v1 down the left wing, as the keeper saw yellow.

Mills then had a golden chance to win the tie for Needham, as he was set through after a ball was lifted over the defence. Williams came out, enticing Mills to go for the chip, but missed the right post, on 74 minutes. Mazzone then fired a 25-yard effort straight at Jessup, as both sides hunted a winner. Met Police then went for goal on the left edge of the box, but curled over the far post- as the game entered it's final 9 minutes of normal time.

Met Police scored on 82 minutes, but their strike into the bottom left corner was already ruled out for a foul. Back came Needham, four minutes later, as a 25-yarder went wide off the left, far, post. With extra time beckoning, Met Police had a shot dedlected behind for a corner on the left, but headed the ball in wide across goal, from the near post. The hosts should've had a penalty when Ingram was fouled in stoppage time, before Jessup was down well to his left to palm behind Mazzone's effort. Three minutes in to added time, aMet Police shot from the edge of box was palmed over the bar by Jessup, as nobody could find a winner in 90 minutes. Extra Time then followed.

FULL TIME (90'): Needham Market 2-2 Metropolitan Police

Two minutes after the restart, Hippolyte won it for Met Police, as he was fed through onto the right side in the box, as his shot went in off the far post and into the right corner. Griffiths was then taken out in the box, on 94 minutes, but the appeal was again waved away. Mills then found Marsden at the back post, with a cross in from the left, but the substitute's header towards the top left corner was headed off the line. Hundred minutes in, Griffith's freekick on the right edge of the area was close to an equaliser, as the keeper saved down to his right. A minute later, Met Police had a shot on the edge of the box fired straight at Jessup, before Blackmore had a shot blocked from the same range on 102 minutes. Mazzone then had a shot deflected from outside the box, with Jessup tipping over the bar.

HALF TIME ET: Needham Market 2-3 Metropolitan Police

The second half of Extra Time faded away, following the winner, with chances few and far between, as the next chance fell on 112 minutes, as Chislett fired over the top right corner. Late on, Griffiths' header at the right post towards the far post came back off the bar, as Needham hunted an equaliser.

The rebound was then blocked, before Mazzone fired over the top right corner from outside the area, a few minutes later. Ingram then had a shot from outside the box, blocked as Met Police edged a closely fought encounter- with Needham having four penalty appeals turned down during the game. Still could've equalised though, but alas luck wasn't with them for the last 40 minutes of action (counting extra time).

FULL TIME ET: Needham Market 2-3 Metropolitan Police

Needham XI:
1 Jake Jessup
2 Jake Dye
3 Callum Sturgess
4 Jeremiah Kamanzi
5 Keiran Morphew
6 Daniel Morphew
7 Luke Ingram
8 Gareth Heath (c)
9 Reece Dobson (FT' Marsden)
10 Tariq Issa (72' Griffiths)
11 Adam Mills
12 Jamie Griffiths
14 Joseph Marsden
15 Conor McLaughlin
16 James Carragher
17 Tyler Rose
18 Finlay Shorten (GK)

Met Police:
1 Thomas Williams (c)
2 Josh Webb
3 Mekail McLaughlin
4 Charlie Wassmer
5 Louis Birch
6 Nesta Guiness-Walker
7 Tom Nyama (59' Hippolyte)
8 Ethan Chislett
9 Jack Mazzone
10 Max Blackmore
11 John Gilbert
12 Oliver Knight
13 Borja Loeches-Teixera (GK)
14 Alex Fisher
15 Gurkan Gokmen
16 Bayley Mummery
17 Jonathan Hippolyte
18 Sam Williams

Needham bookings: K.Morphew 37', Jessup 73', Heath 109', Mills 120'

Met Police Bookings: Wassmer 17', McLaughlin 42', 90+2' yc Birch.

Get the team together and play Fantasy League

Key moments

Goal Luke Ingram scores for NEEDHAM MARKET FOOTBALL CLUB
Goal Reece Dobson scores for NEEDHAM MARKET FOOTBALL CLUB


View 0 new events
90:00 Sub On
Joseph Marsden is substituted on for NEEDHAM MARKET FOOTBALL CLUB
90:00 Sub Off
Reece Dobson is substituted off for NEEDHAM MARKET FOOTBALL CLUB
79:00 Sub On
Jamie Griffiths is substituted on for NEEDHAM MARKET FOOTBALL CLUB
79:00 Sub Off
Tariq Issa is substituted off for NEEDHAM MARKET FOOTBALL CLUB
End of period 1
27:00 Goal 2 - 0
9:00 Goal 1 - 0
Start of the game
Replay game

As it happened

  • Metropolitan Police
  • 0
  • Luke Ingram Goal 9:00'
  • Reece Dobson Goal 27:00'
  • Jamie Griffiths Sub On 79:00'
  • Tariq Issa Sub Off 79:00'
  • Joseph Marsden Sub On 90:00'
  • Reece Dobson Sub Off 90:00'

Team selection



Loading comments

Team sponsors


Club sponsors