10.01.2017 at 19:45 Attendance: 148
1 - 3
Tonbridge Angels
Referee: Daniel Cook Alan Turvey Trophy / Quarter Final-match

Callum Harrison (89)
Sid Sollis (30)
Sid Sollis (55)
Alexander Akrofi (86)
Opening squads
James Bradbrook
Keiran Morphew
Ian Miller
Joe Whight
Jake Dye
Sam Nunn
Ollie Snaith
Reece Dobson
Billy Holland
Luke Ingram
Callum Harrison
Anthony Di Bernardo
James Folkes
Ugo Udogi
Tom Phipp
Mitchell Nelson
Callum Adonis-Taylor
Tommy Whitnell
Sid Sollis
Nathan Elder
Luke Blewden
Damien Scannell
Nathan Munson
Darryl Coakley
Taylor Bannister
Billy Clark
Ollie Fenn
Tom Parkinson
Alexander Akrofi
Luke Allen
Stewart Copeland
Ollie Fenn -> Keiran Morphew (45)
Darryl Coakley -> Reece Dobson (73)
Billy Clark -> Ollie Snaith (83)
Tom Parkinson - Callum Adonis-Taylor (23)
Luke Allen - Tom Phipp (57)
Alexander Akrofi - Tommy Whitnell (69)
Yellow cards
Sam Nunn
Callum Adonis-Taylor
James Folkes
Anthony Di Bernardo
Red cards
None. None
Match report
Angel Delight at Bloomfields

On a very cold evening The Marketmen went out The Alan Turvey Trophy to fellow Premier Division side Tonbridge Angels.

Tonbridge Angels were tonights guests and it was their second successful visit here this season. Back in November they ran out convincing 2-0 winners and they advanced to the semi-finals of the Ryman League cup with a 3-1 victory this evening.

On 18 minutes Luke Ingrams shot was parried by Angels goalkeeper Anthony Di Bernardo.

Moments later, Joe Whights trademark free kick was up and over the wall but off target. With the match still goalless it was Needham who looked the most dangerous out of the two sides.

Despite the hosts having the better chances, Sid Sollis broke the deadlock on 30 minutes from close range to give the visitors the lead.

On 44 minutes, Tom Phipps shot was over the Needham crossbar after his driving run forward. Tonbridge grew into the game and ended the first half on the front foot.

Half Time: Needham Market 0-1 Tonbridge Angels

After the interval and Ingram was back in the action again. His shot from outside of the penalty area rattled the woodwork on 51 minutes before Colchester Loanee Callum Harrisons follow up was off-target.

The Marketmen were dealt a hammer blow when Sollis scored his and Tonbridges second goal on 55 minutes. A simple finish just a few yards from goal which put The Angels in the driving seat.

Alexander Akrofi scored a third goal for the Kent outfit on 86 minutes which compounded a disappointing evening for The Marketmen. Harrisons tidy strike one minute from time proving scant consolation as Needham bowed out of the cup.

Full Time: Needham Market 1-3 Tonbridge Angels

It was a disappointing result for the majority of the home supporters in attendance.

We wish Tonbridge all the best for the rest of the competition.


Thurlow Nunn League MembersThurlow Nunn

Ryman League MembersRyman