18.02.2017 at 15:00 Attendance: 1960
Dulwich Hamlet
2 - 0
Referee: Simon Finnigan Ryman Premier League-match

Dipo Akinyemi (14)
Jacob Erskine (89)
Opening squads
Preston Edwards
Quade Taylor
Nathan Green
Ibrahim Kargbo
Matt Drage
Michael Chambers
Sanchez Ming
Kenny Beaney
Gavin Tomlin
Ashley Carew
Dipo Akinyemi
Danny Gay
Keiran Morphew
Jake Dye
Darryl Coakley
Joe Whight
Luke Ingram
Billy Clark
Reece Dobson
Billy Holland
Kem Izzet
Jack Simmons
Ibra Sekajja
Mohamed Mohamed
Jacob Erskine
Jamie Mascoll
Panutche Camara
Nathan Munson
Ian Miller
Sam Nunn
Ollie Fenn
John Sands
Ibra Sekajja - Quade Taylor (68)
Jamie Mascoll - Dipo Akinyemi (81)
Jacob Erskine - Gavin Tomlin (86)
Ian Miller -> Joe Whight (64)
John Sands -> Billy Clark (72)
Sam Nunn -> Reece Dobson (81)
Yellow cards
Quade Taylor
Matt Drage
Kenny Beaney
Luke Ingram
Darryl Coakley
Red cards
None None.
Match report
Needham made two changes to the team beaten heavily at Billericay Town on Wednesday, with Jack Simmons and Kem Izzet replacing Ian Miller and Ollie Fenn who both dropped to the bench.

The first action saw Dulwich right back Quade Taylor booked for pulling back Simmons. Sanchez Ming had a shot well saved by Danny Gay before Dulwich took the lead after 14 minutes. A cross-field move ended with the ball reaching Dipo Akinyemi, who was given far too much space to run into the box and fire high into the net.

Dulwich were generally on top, but Needham did have their chances, with Simmons and Dobson both coming close. After 24 minutes a scramble in the Needham area ended with Gay falling on the ball. Billy Clarks free kick was tipped over the bar by Preston Edwards and, although the visitors won a number of corners, they came to nothing. Ashley Carew then shot wide for Dulwich before Needhams best chance of the half saw Dobson race into the box but Edwards blocked his shot with this feet.


The hosts came within inches of increasing their lead early in the second half when Akinyemis shot hit the underside of the bar and bounced clear. After 54 minutes Dulwich had the ball in the net, but Matt Drage was ruled offside when he headed in from close range. Miller replaced Whight and Sands came on for Clark and although Needham had plenty of possession they were making no significant threat on the Dulwich goal.

Dulwich had another goal disallowed when Akinyemi rose high to head home, but the referee decided there had been a push. Nunn then replaced Dobson as Needham continued to huff and puff without any real penetration.

Dulwich made the game safe in the 89th minute when substitute Jacob Erskine turned his man near the penalty spot and fired low under Danny Gay. Needham finished the game on the attack with Simmons having a shot well saved by Edwards.


This was Needhams third successive away defeat leaving them in third place having played more games than their nearest rivals. However having played well in patches against another very good side it was a much, much better performance than Wednesday nights defeat.

Thurlow Nunn League MembersThurlow Nunn

Ryman League MembersRyman