08.04.2017 at 15:00 Attendance: 101
Metropolitan Police
2 - 1
Referee: Damith Bandara Ryman Premier League-match

Charlie Collins (75pen)
Roman Michael-Percil (90)
John Sands (55)
Opening squads
Branon Daly
Sam Williams
Will Salmon
Steve Sutherland
Olli Robinson
Rob Bartley
Ahmed Abbulla
Ryan James
Charlie Collins
Lloyd Macklin
Orlando Smith
Danny Gay
Keiran Morphew
Joe Whight
Darryl Coakley
Jake Dye
Ian Miller
Callum Harrison
Jack Simmons
Luke Ingram
Cameron Norman
John Sands
Ryan Myers
Ty Smith
Luke Robertson
Roman Michael-Percil
Ola Sogbanmu
Nathan Munson
Kem Izzet
Billy Clark
Billy Holland
Reece Dobson
Ola Sogbanmu - Orlando Smith (61)
Roman Michael-Percil - Olli Robinson (66)
Reece Dobson -> Cameron Norman (77)
Kem Izzet -> Keiran Morphew (90)
Yellow cards
Roman Michael-Percil Callum Harrison
Ian Miller
Jake Dye
Keiran Morphew
Luke Ingram
Reece Dobson
Red cards
None Cameron Norman
Match report
The Marketmen winless run continues as they fall to a 2-1 defeat against the Metropolitan Police. Despite John Sands netting the opener, The Police came from behind to seal all thee points at Imber Court.

The hosts could well have taken the lead after just four minutes. Sam Williams header was off target when well placed in the penalty area, much to the relief of the Needham defence.

The games first contentious decision arrived on 9 minutes. Cameron Norman saw his initial shot well saved by goalkeeper Branon Daily. However, when about to take a follow-up strike he was clearly fouled but any penalty claims were waived away by referee Damith Bandara.

Only the finger tips of goalkeeper Danny Gay ensured that the game remained goalless approaching the interval after he denied Charlie Collins.

Half Time: Metropolitan Police 0-0 Needham Market

The visitors broke the deadlock ten minutes into the second half. Luke Ingrams perfectly weighted ball fell to John Sands, who was left with the simplest of finishes to score in front of the Needham contingent.

On 75 minutes, The Police equalised through Charlie Collins from the penalty spot. A powerful, accurate strike despite Gay going in the right direction.

With the game poised at 1-1, it appeared that only one team was going to win this game. Roman Michael-Percil jinked his way into the penalty area before unleashing a rasping strike on 90 minutes to give his side victory. A crucial three points which could go a long way in maintaining their Ryman Premier league status for another season.

Full Time: Metropolitan Police 2-1 Needham Market

There was to be no shortage of yellow cards as Callum Harrison, Ian Miller, Jake Dye, Kieran Morphew, Luke Ingram and Reece Dobson were all cautioned during the game. This compiled with Cameron Normans dismissal after the full-time whistle marred a bitterly disappointing afternoon on the road for the Suffolk side. A result which puts a real dent in their play-off aspirations.

Needham return to Bloomfields on Saturday to take on Harrow Borough, before facing relegation threatened AFC Sudbury on Easter Monday.

Thurlow Nunn League MembersThurlow Nunn

Ryman League MembersRyman