18.03.2017 at 15:00 Attendance: 139
2 - 1
Referee: Tim Donnellan Ryman Premier League-match

Matt Ball (9)
Keagan Cole (37)
Luke Ingram (79)
Opening squads
Tom Lovelock
James Hammond
Arthur Lee
Sam Murphy
Josh McLeod-Urquhart
James Harper
Keagan Cole
Matt Ball
Kezie Ibe
Marcel Barrington
Khale Da Costa
Danny Gay
Ian Miller
Sam Nunn
Joe Whight
Darryl Coakley
Billy Holland
Luke Ingram
Cameron Norman
Reece Dobson
Billy Clark
John Sands
Elliott Charles
Dave Diedhiou
Reis Stanislaus
Daniel Rumens
Luke Tingey
Nathan Munson
James Carragher
Kem Izzet
Kieran Turner
Max Booth
Dave Diedhiou - Marcel Barrington (70)
Daniel Rumens - James Harper (71)
Reis Stanislaus - Kezie Ibe (88)
Max Booth -> Billy Clark (65)
Kieran Turner -> Billy Holland (74)
James Carragher -> Joe Whight (81)
Yellow cards
Keagan Cole
James Hammond
Joshua McLeod-Urquart
Jason Dale (Coach) Misconduct After Match
Darryl Coakley
Red cards
None None.
Match report
Needham paid the price for their epic victory over Leiston in the Suffolk Premier Cup, with Jake Dye, Keiran Morphew and Jack Simmons all ruled out through injury and, although Kem Izzet was named on the bench, he took no part in the game.

This was Needhams first visit to the artificial pitch at Silver Jubilee Park and they soon fell behind when an inswinging corner from Matt Ball deceived the Needham defence and sailed into the far corner in the 9th minute.

Hendon nearly doubled the lead after 15 minutes when Danny Gay had to make a double save before the ball went out for a corner. Needham had their first meaningful effort 2 minutes later when Billy Hollands first time strike was parried by Tom Lovelock in the home goal.

Keagan Cole was booked for diving when he went down in the area, but the same player scored Hendons second in the 38th minute when he finished off a neat passing move across the Needham area.

As the half drew to a close, Needham were given the opportunity to reduce the deficit when Billy Clark was nudged over just inside the area, but Clarks weak penalty was easily saved by Lovelock.


Unlike the game at Tonbridge 2 weeks earlier, when Needham came back from 2 down at the break to record a victory, they struggled to make any impact at the start of the second half and needed a good save from Danny Gay to prevent the hosts going further ahead.

Youngsters Max Booth and Keiran Turner replaced Billy Clark and Billy Holland before Needham finally scored after 79 minutes, when Darryl Coakleys corner was met by a thumping header from Luke Ingram. James Carragher then replaced Joe Whight who appeared to be carrying a knock, before Sam Murphy hit the post for Hendon after a good move. In injury time Needham were awarded a free kick on the edge of the area. John Sands first effort was blocked and he fired the follow up over the bar. Sands then had another chance, but also sent it over the bar.


Although Needham came close to snatching a point, Hendon were well worth their victory. Needham remain in third place but cant afford any more performances like this in the their last 6 games if they are to have any chance of staying in the play off places.

Thurlow Nunn League MembersThurlow Nunn

Ryman League MembersRyman