04.02.2017 at 15:00 Attendance: 726
4 - 3
Referee: Stephen Brown Ryman Premier League-match

Lloyd Dawes (28)pen
Aaron Hopkinson (52)
Harvey Sparks (80)
Omar Bugiel (82)
Luke Ingram (18)
Reece Dobson (61)
John Sands (pen.) (89)
Opening squads
Jack Fagan
Matt Boiling
Sam Rents
Kane Wills
Gary Elphick
Corey Heath
Lloyd Dawes
Ross Edwards
Omar Bugiel
Aaron Hopkinson
Harvey Sparks
Danny Gay
Darryl Coakley
Keiran Morphew
Jake Dye
Ian Miller
Joe Whight
Luke Ingram
Billy Holland
Reece Dobson
Kem Izzet
Jack Simmons
Brannon O Neill
Ethan Belward
Louis Clark
Luke Brodie
Henry Watson
Nathan Munson
Billy Clark
Ollie Fenn
Taylor Bannister
John Sands
Louis Clark - Aaron Hopkinson (68)
Brannon O Neill - Ross Edwards (73)
Billy Clark -> Kem Izzet (59)
John Sands -> Billy Holland (81)
Yellow cards
Jack Fagan
Gary Elphick
Corey Heath
Harvey Sparks
Danny Gay
Luke Ingram
Red cards
None None.
Match report
The Marketmen made their first ever trip to Worthing on Saturday but despite taking the lead, fell to a 4-3 defeat on the Sussex coast

With the ground basked in sunshine, it was Needham who looked brightest in the opening exchanges. Darryl Coakleys cross from the left was headed over by Luke Ingram, before Billy Hollands shot was narrowly wide on 13 minutes.

They were rewarded for their good start and broke the deadlock on 18 minutes. Luke Ingram leapt the highest in the penalty area to power home a header into the far corner.

However, Dawes equalised for the hosts on 28 minutes from the penalty spot. Worthing striker Bugiel was upended by Danny Gay in what was a rare blunder from the Needham keeper.

Half Time: Worthing 1-1 Needham Market

Seven minutes into the second half, the hosts took the lead for the first time in this match. After both Rents and Dawes were denied, Hopkinson swept home at the back post.

Billy Clark was brought on as a substitute for his first appearance since The Marketmens FA Cup defeat at Uxbridge. His pass found Reece Dobson whose neat turn and strike into the roof of the net made the score 2-2.

2 goals in as many minutes propelled The Rebels into a 4-2 lead. The instrumental Dawes continued to cause the visitors problems and his cut back left Sparks with a simple finish. Bugiel netted the fourth from close range on 82 minutes as the match was turned on its head.

For the second match in succession John Sands came off the bench to score from the spot. After Ingram was brought down in the area, Sands converted the following penalty on 89 minutes.

Despite lengthy injury time, the guests were unable to force an equaliser.

Full Time: Worthing 4-3 Needham Market

Thurlow Nunn League MembersThurlow Nunn

Ryman League MembersRyman