03.09.2016 at 15:00 Attendance: 109
Uxbridge 2 - 0 NMFC
Referee: Paul Forrester FA Cup / 1st Qualifying Round-match

Abs Eisa (13)
Abs Eisa (28)
Opening squads
Paul McCarthy
Ben Peden
Ashley Quashie
Artilk Lawrence
Tako Davies Coker
Danny Julienne
Lewis Cole
Abs Eisa
Matt Woods
Wayne Carter
Jon Jo Bates
Danny Gay
Ian Miller
Sam Nunn
Jake Dye
Darryl Coakley
Keiran Morphew
Joe Whight
Luke Ingram
Billy Clark
Ollie Fenn
John Sands
Kevin Warner
Aaron McLiesh
Anthony Thomas
Kofi Boateng
Sam Gray
Nathan Munson
Kem Izzet
Reece Dobson
Michael Brothers
Manny Osei
Aaron Mcliesh - Wayne Carter (76) Manny Osei -> Billy Clark (32)
Reece Dobson -> Sam Nunn (61)
Manny Osei -> John Sands (64)
Yellow cards
Lewis Cole None.
Red cards
None None.
Match report
An incredibly disappointing result as we bowed out of the competition at the first hurdle again for the second year running.

This means the match at Home to Met Police on Sat 17th Sept will now be postponed as they won their match and this is the next round of the competition.

It remains to be seen if another league match will be re-arranged.

For the second year in succession the FA Cup campaign was to be very short-lived for the Marketmen. They fell to a 2-0 defeat at Evo-Stick South outfit Uxbridge on Saturday afternoon.

It was a lively start from the hosts and they could have taken the lead in just the fourth minute, had Tako Davies-Coker found the target when well placed inside the penalty area.

Their early dominance was rewarded on 13 minutes when Abs Eisa scored. As Needham failed to make a challenge he showed great skill to glide into the penalty area from a wide position before slotting into the far corner beyond Danny Gay.

Moments after taking the lead, Uxbridge could have doubled their advantage. A well hit free kick from their captain Wayne Carter struck the post, before Gay saved well to deny Matt Woods follow up.

The first half was one way traffic and Abs Eisa continued to cause the Needham defence a series of problems. So it was of little surprise when he scored his and Uxbridges second goal on 28 minutes. Eisa converted a Matt Woods cross from inside the six yard box to put the hosts in a commanding position with not even half an hour played.

Billy Clarks debut was cut short through injury as he was replaced by forward Emmanuel Osei after 31 minutes.

The visitors thought they had halved the deficit just before the interval when John Sands swept home from a Darryl Coakley cross, but it was ruled out for offside.

Half Time: Uxbridge 2-0 Needham Market

Kieron Morphew continued to battle on as Needham desperately searched for a goal to give them hope in this game. He glanced a header wide from a Joe Whight free kick on the hour mark.

The second half did see the guests up the tempo, but Uxbridge comfortably held out for victory in front of a lowly crowd of 109.

Full Time: Uxbridge 2-0 Needham Market

After the Bank Holiday defeat to rivals Leiston, this result caps a frustrating week for the Marketmen.

Needham must now put cup disappointment behind them as they return to Ryman League action at home to Canvey Island on Tuesday 6th September.

Please note that this match is Half Price Admission for this re-arranged fixture.

Thurlow Nunn League MembersThurlow Nunn

Ryman League MembersRyman