13.09.2016 at 19:45 Attendance: 103
Soham Town Rangers
3 - 4
Referee: Alistair Wilson Alan Turvey Trophy / 1st Round-match

Ryan Sharman (29)
Victor Adeboyejo (39)
Salim Relizani (75)
Ian Miller (6)
Manny Osei (56)
Manny Osei (61)
Luke Ingram (67)
Opening squads
Clarke Bogard
Simon Swinton
Ashley White
Ryan Horne
Jordan Gent
Lloyd Groves
Darren Foxley
Dubi Ogbonna
Victor Adeboyejo
Robbie Mason
Ryan Sharman
Danny Gay
Jake Dye
Ian Miller
Joe Whight
Darryl Coakley
Kieran Turner
Ollie Fenn
Jack Curtis
Reece Dobson
Manny Osei
Max Booth
Salim Relizani
Ross Elsom
Callum Russell
Robbie Nightingale
David Theobald
James Bradbrook
Keiran Morphew
Kem Izzet
Luke Ingram
Michael Brothers
Ross Elsom - Robbie Mason (45)
Salim Relizani - Dubi Ogbonna (67)
Callum Russell - Simon Swinton (67)
Michael Brothers -> Kieran Turner (56)
Luke Ingram -> Max Booth (56)
Keiran Morphew -> Jack Curtis (56)
Yellow cards
Ashley White
Lloyd Groves
Ollie Fenn
Luke Ingram
Red cards
None None.
Match report
The Marketmen travelled to Soham Town Rangers this evening and ran out 4-3 winners in a seven goal thriller. A game which was more Topsy Turvy than Alan Turvey.

The Marketmen made three changes from Saturdays success at Harrow Borough.

Max Booth thought he had given Needham the lead in just the second minute, but his goal was ruled out for offside.

Ian Miller opened the scoring in the 6th minute of this game. His header from a Joe Whight free kick found the back of the net from 6 yards.

Soham Town equalised with a solo effort from Ryan Sharman on 29 minutes. He cut in from the right hand side before slotting beyond Danny Gay from outside the penalty area.

The hosts then scored a second goal on 39 minutes with a smart half volley from Victor Adeboyejo. It was a scoreline which reflected the games proceedings as Needham started brightly, before Soham ended the first half strongly.

Half Time: Soham Town Rangers 2-1 Needham Market

Soham continued to pose a threat going forward and on 53 minutes hit the post with Gay almost certainly beaten in the Needham goal.

The Marketmens Mark Morsley made all three changes just before the hour mark and seconds later the equaliser was scored. A Jake Dye cross from the right hand side found the head of Emmanuel Osei who made no mistake in scoring from close range on 56 minutes.

Osei was in the action again moments later. A powerful header from Morphew set Osei clear before he rounded the goalkeeper to score his second goal on 61 minutes.

Substitute Luke Ingram added his name to the scoresheet on 67 minutes as his header from a Darryl Coakley cross found the back of the net. His goal marked a spirited come back from The Marketmen.

Salim Relizani scored on 75 minutes with a well directed looping header. This set the game up for a grand stand finish with the scoreline poised at 4-3.

Just seconds later Michael Brothers shot brought a finger tip save from the Soham goalkeeper.

Osei had the chance to seal a good nights work and complete his hat trick from the penalty mark. Disappointingly for him and Needham his penalty was way off the mark and his frustration evident.

Needham were left to play the last few minutes with 10 men when a nasty clash of heads led to Ian Miller being taken off on a stretcher to receive treatment.

Full Time: Soham Town Rangers 3-4 Needham Market

An entertaining game which was certainly action packed. Needham now face a trip to Ram Meadow to take on Bury Town in the Second round of the Alan Turvey Trophy.

Thurlow Nunn League MembersThurlow Nunn

Ryman League MembersRyman