27.08.2016 at 15:00 Attendance: 338
Folkestone Invicta
0 - 1
Referee: Matt Corlett Ryman Premier League-match

None Reece Dobson
Opening squads
Tim Roberts
Josh Vincent
Nat Blanks
Liam Friend
Frankie Chappell
Ronnie Dolan
Phil Starkey
Scott Heard
Ian Draycott
Callum Davies
Ashley Miller
Danny Gay
Ian Miller
Keiran Morphew
Joe Whight
Darryl Coakley
Jake Dye
Jack Curtis
Ollie Fenn
Luke Ingram
Michael Brothers
John Sands
Jordan Wright
Matt Newman
Sam Beale
Roland Edge
Charlie Pressnell
Nathan Munson
Sam Nunn
Billy Clark
Reece Dobson
Manny Osei
Sam Beale - Callum Davies
Jordan Wright - Nat Blanks
Reece Dobson -> Jack Curtis (45)
Manny Osei -> John Sands (74)
Sam Nunn -> Luke Ingram (90)
Yellow cards
None None.
Red cards
None None.
Match report
A second half header from substitute Reece Dobson earned Needham all three points on their first visit to The Fullicks Stadium.

With the visitors team bus held up by an accident on the M20 prior to todays game the kick off was eventually underway at 4pm.

Needham made one change with Oliver Fenn replacing Kemal Izzet in the starting line-up.

On 12 minutes, Folkestones number 9 Ian Draycott tried his luck against Danny Gay with a shot from distance, but it failed to trouble The Marketmens goalkeeper.

In search of his first goal of the season, Michael Brothers shot wide on 18 minutes as both sides settled into the game.

Draycott was again in the thick of the action when his effort from some 10 yards or so forced a terrific save from Gay.

On the half hour mark the hosts could and most probably should have taken the lead when Scott Heard headed wide. It was a free header in the penalty area which failed to hit the target as Folkestone had the better of the first half opportunities.

With 40 minutes on the clock, centre half Joe Whight came to the rescue when he cleared Ashley Millers header off the line.

Half Time Folkestone Invicta 0-0 Needham Market

At the interval Colchester loanee Jack Curtis was replaced by Reece Dobson. Having been on the pitch for just 8 minutes, Dobson scored to break the deadlock. It was a powerful header on 53 minutes which gave the guests the lead.

Both Draycott and Heard had further chances in the second half. A deep cross from the right hand side found Draycott at the back post but he was unable to hit the target as the goal beckoned.

Needham defended resolutely and were intent on protecting their one goal margin, whilst playing on the counter-attack.

Right back Jake Dye found John Sands with a crisp pass on the edge of the penalty area. A smart turn and shot from Sands forced Roberts into a fine save as the game drew to a close.

Full Time: Folkestone Invicta 0-1 Needham Market.

It was another fine away performance from the Marketmen. Most impressive of all is that Needham are looking increasingly hard to beat. Arguably the toughest test so far will be on Bank Holiday Monday when they welcome Leiston to Bloomfields with a 3pm KO.

Thurlow Nunn League MembersThurlow Nunn

Ryman League MembersRyman